Looking for ways to promote your book? 49 Writers can help. If you’re a current or former Alaskan, submit a post about your book to Spotlight on Alaska Books. Here’s how it works:
- Entries may be made by authors or publicists only. They must conform to our editorial policy and to the specific guidelines that follow here. We will consider no more than one submission per author per calendar year.
- We need your real name and real email address.
- Absolutely no more than 600 words per submission.
- Aside from blurbs and reviews, submissions must be your own original work or the work of your publisher. You keep the copyright, but by submitting you're giving us permission to post.
- Not all submissions will be published. The editors at 49 Writers reserve the right to select and to publish at their sole discretion, on a space available basis. If your Spotlight doesn’t get posted, don’t assume we don’t like it. It simply may not fit our editorial needs or schedule. In general, submissions published in the order in which they are received, though we give priority to submissions by members of 49 Writers.
- One small jpg photo of the book cover may be attached with your entry.
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. Email to 49Writers@gmail.com with the words “Spotlight on Alaska Books” in the subject line. We accept only Word documents or submissions embedded in the email text. Submissions MUST be single spaced and in Times New Roman. DO NO indent the first line of a paragraph but double-space between paragraphs instead. If the formatting is not correct, your submission will not be considered. For examples of proper formatting, see any post at www.49writers.blogspot.com.
- In order to be considered, the contents of your Spotlight must precisely follow this format:
· Open with an excerpt from your book, in italics. In parentheses at the end of the excerpt, include the book’s title and author. (excerpt not to exceed 150 words).
· Follow with a synopsis of no more than two paragraphs (not to exceed 200 words)
· Follow with quoted, attributed reviews and/or blurbs for your book (not to exceed 100 words)
· End with an author bio, in italics, written in third person. You must mention your
residency (past or present), and if you’re a member of 49 Writers, mention that
as well. End your bio with a statement regarding the formats in which your book
is available, and mention the publisher. (Bio not to exceed 150 words.)
- At the end of your submission, you may list up to three web links to be included in your post. These are strictly limited to:
· A link to your author website
· A link to one place where readers may purchase a hardcover or softcover edition of your book
· A link to one place where readers may purchase an electronic version of your book
- We will make every attempt to notify you prior to posting your submission, but we cannot guarantee to do so. You can maximize visibility by sharing the link to your published Spotlight with your social media and email contacts.
- We reserve the right to edit your work but do not promise to do so. We do NOT make corrections or changes after the post has been published unless the error is our own, and we do not correct based on appearance alone, as the Blogger platform suffers from occasional glitches in formatting that are beyond our control.
- We will make every effort to acknowledge receipt of your submission, but our volunteer staff is unable to respond to follow-up queries. If your Spotlight has not been posted within six months of submission, feel free to re-submit.